Streetwear Essentials Course
Explore all aspects of the streetwear industry. Learn about the various career paths in the streetwear world and build skills relevant to the business. Courses created by the Parsons School of Design and Complex.
Complex is a Powerful Media collective that reaches over 120,000,000 people. The group consists of a community of creators and curators who are shifting the movements within convergence culture and cater to the diverse interests of the new multicultural, multifaceted generation.
Five course modules broken down into several shorter lessons which upon graduation will award a Certificate of Completion from Parsons.
- Streetwear Origins – Trace streetwear’s evolution from its origins to its standing as a force in fashion.
- Designer Streetwear – Learn how to turn inspiration into garments.
- Marketing, Branding, and Visual Communication – Dive deep into marketing strategy and all the aspects pertaining to them.
- The Future of Streetwear Retail and Distribution – Understand retail and its future and how new technology is reshaping the face of retail.
- Business and Entrepreneurship – Learn the ins and outs of the fashion business.
- Shanel Campbell – Parsons School of Design
- Chris Lacy – Parsons School of Design
- Keanan Duffy – Director of MPS Fashion Management, Parsons School of Design
- Heron Preston – Founder/Designer, Heron Preston, Parsons Alumnus
- April Walker – Founder/Designer, Walker Wear
- Don C – Founder/Designer, Just Don
- Nicky Diamond – Founder, Diamond Supply Co
- Jeff Staple – Founder/Designer, Staple Design
- Rob Cristofaro – Co-Founder, Alfie
- Maurice Malone – Founder/Designer, Williamsburg Garment Company & Maurice Malone
- Leah McSweeney – Founder/Designer, Married to the Mob