Hospitality and Tourism Industry Essentials Course
Explore all areas of the hospitality and tourism industry with this program curated by New York University’s (NYU) renowned Jonathan M. Tisch Center of Hospitality.
Six courses, each 3 to 5 hours long broken down into over 50 shorter lessons. Upon successful completion of the program, students receive a certificate of completion from NYU.
- Foundations of the Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism Industry – Learn about the history and evolution of the now trillion dollar business that is hospitality.
- Demand Management – Explore destination demand management, and everything it entails.
- Travel Tourism Management – Study all types of tourism and its aspects, from transportation to attractions/destinations to current trends.
- Experience Management, Part 1 – Expand your understanding of hotel operations, economics, real estate, and alternative accommodations.
- Experience Management, Part 2 – Explore events from festivals to conventions and the vast food and beverage industry.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Learn about entrepreneurship, recognizing opportunities, and problem solving.
- Dr. Nicolas Graf – Associate Dean, NYU
- Dr. Lynn Minnaert – Clinical Associate Professor, NYU
- Shirley Lu – Regional Revenue Analyst, The Standard Hotels
- Recep Karaburun – Clinical Associate Professor
- Yvette Ly – Director of People + Culture, West Bourne
- Jukka Laitamaki – Clinical Professor, NYU
- Lauren Grech – CEO and Co-Founder of LLG Events
- Soraya Alolama – Assistant Manager, North America at Dubai Tourism
- Sean Hennessey – Clinical Assistant Professor, NYU
- Kate Blumentahl – Revenue Manager, Marriott
- Antoinette Chang – Human Resources Manager at EDITION